Pages

Friday 30 November 2012

Holiday Wreath


Decided to try and make a wreath out of some paper and a fern punch. I first started by punching a circle and then punching another circle on the center to create your wreath 'base'. You can't tell there are different shades of green here but I did ink various shades of green onto the already green cardstock. I then started gluing (using a tacky glue) around the base and tucking in ferns here and there. I thought it needed something sparkly so I twisted a small piece of tinfoil to make the ribbon and then added red Liquid Pearls as some berries. I love my new window die from Spellbinders (and Shabby Shutters!) and played around with adding the wreath to the window and to the bottom of the window box. I still think its a little too plain but its my first attempt so at least its something I can work on!
Its a snowy day here so its a good day to play in the craft cave. Hmmm....I think I just inspired myself to create a wintery scene behind the wreath. Gotta go put the Keurig on!
Have a happy craftin' day! I know I will.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning!!! I especially like the liquid pearl berries -- they look so real!!!!

    ReplyDelete