Pages

Friday 30 May 2014

Birthday Gift for someone special...

 Sometimes I have the hardest time creating something "special and unique" for that person who is truly super talented. Seriously, what do you "make" someone who can make absolutely anything she wanted all on her own? I let days and days go by before the pressure was too much and I just had to put on my craft apron and hope for the best!! 

 This is the card I made for her. The artist pallet is made from Grunge Paper that has been gesso'ed and dabs of paint were added to it. I even added Glossy Accents to the tops of the colours to make them look "still wet"! I snapped an old paintbrush at the top (to fit it on the page originally) and then ended up widdling away the top part of the paintbrush to create the little tiny pencil crayon inside the heart. The heart is made from Polymer Clay and the rest is just doodles!
 This is an 8" x 8" ceramic tile from the hardware store. I Alcohol Inked the entire background, added one of my favourite pieces of patterned paper to the center (all sorts of sentences on how to simply enjoy the little things in life)
The flowers and leaves are all a mixture of Vellum with Alcohol Ink on them as well as Crinkle Ribbon, gems, pins, Shimmer Sprays and some fun little word elements. 

All in all I think my little gift for my awesome friend was a success and I think she loves it as much as I do! 

Happy Crafting everyone!!

Darly 

No comments:

Post a Comment