Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

I struggle to do "Masculine" cards...

Oh, do I struggle when it comes to creating something "masculine". I don't find that I am a "pink and bling" kind of girl as I do quite enjoy greens and browns and blues and purples...and yellows..and orange, OK, I know you get it, I am a gal of all sorts of color. Yet when it comes to not being able to add bling or ribbon or pearls THAT is where I struggle. For this card I did add some twine, which I think is still quite masculine (and that is only because my jute is still in my car from Gadget Girls Retreat Weekend...back in the beginning of MAY!) ....slow I'd say!
...moving on!!
...ok, so this is my traditional 6x6 card created on kraft paper. The sailboat stamp was stamped on watercolor paper and the water was colored with Tim Holtz Distress Markers and the Aqua pen. The sky was colored using Distress Stain and a mask to cover the sailboat and the cloud.  I stamped a second image and cut out the sails to create some movement (this is popped off the page). I then sprayed the sails with orange Colorwash. The cloud has some flocking added to it for another dimension of texture (is this too feminine?? ...my husband seems to think so!)
The side border is created with Kraft Resist paper and Colorwashed again with the orange. Blue twine and an anchor stamp was added to side. A nautical sentiment finishes off this card.
I think it turned out quite masculine and I love the blue and orange combination.
Hope you all have a crafty weekend! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment