Pages

Friday 18 January 2013

Canvas heart art...

Wow...its been a while since I've been here. I didn't really do any crafting over the holidays but in reality the holidays were over weeks ago. Ok, I've been lazy!
Yesterday though....I got inspired over these little pieces of fabric below. I had tons of scraps of Stickyback Canvas and didn't want to throw it out so decided to put together some canvas creation using the Stickback Canvas and all the colors of a heart in all forms...Dylusions, Colorwash, Distress Stains and Paint.  I colored all the little pieces of canvas different colors and then gathered all my 'love' stamps. I stamped all of them with Stazon Ink because I knew I was Modgepodging over the canvas and I didn't want anything to run. After coloring and stamping I started piecing it together to form a heart. I wasn't too concerned if it didn't make an exact shape of a heart as I knew I was going to be Gesso'ing all around the heart to create texture for inking....and inking I done! My fingers were sooooo covered in ink (that makes me happy!). I used a mask to cover the heart and then went crazy spraying the canvas with Dylusions sprays. The texture that I created with the Gesso comes right thru the ink (love!). I made a few flowers and extra hearts made out of different textures and added some bling and Bobs your Uncle! Done! This was so much fun to play with yesterday just hanging out with the fur kids and listening to music. I hope it inspires YOU to get out some inks and just PLAY!

Here are some pics of the canvas along the way....
The scraps of canvas and all the inspiration inks and sprays!

Canvas inked and drying
All stamped with different stamps from various stamp sets

layered on canvas with Modgepodge on heart and Gessoed all around the heart


                               Sprayed and waiting to remove mask (see the beading over the heart?)(the mask is still in place)

The only thing left to do is bling it up! Thus leading you back to the first pic and the completed project!
Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment