Pages

Sunday 15 January 2012

Love

This is one of four cards that I taught at my first class at Shabby Shutters. The main feature on this card is that the heart is made out of plumbers tape! Yes, you read that right! I took a scrap piece of kraft paper and covered it in plumbers tape and ran it through a heart shaped die cut on the Cuttlebug. I embossed it on the Cuttlebug as well but not with any one particular embossing folder. I just wanted it to look all cut up so that when the light hit it, it would be more shiny in spots (at least this was the idea that I had in my head!) The entire heart was then covered in a few different shades of Alcohol Ink.
I also made the background pattern for the heart by using a few different shades of the Alcohol Inks as well. Instead of 'pouncing' the Alcohol Inks I put stripes of Alcohol Ink on my applicator and just ran it across the page. The rest of the card is just matted in pink and white card stock and then a few doodles around the card and I wrote out the word "love". You could use a stamp to get the same effect. I find it faster just writing it out.
I can't get enough of working with these Alcohol Inks. (and then the plumbers tape well...that just opened more doors). Its tape, meaing it has the sticky back so that you can stick it to anything! Can you imagine taking a boring box and covering it in plumbers tape and then inking the entire thing? ...I see it on my list of "To Do's"...

2 comments:

  1. Plummer's tape is on the list of things to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! so clever! And Such a beautiful result too* Wish I could write as nicely as you do :)

    ReplyDelete