Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Last nights creation

I don't even know where the inspiration for this card came from! I find it is a mish-mash of lots of little elements and part of me likes it and part of me doesn't.
The card base is a basic piece of purple cardstock. Patterned paper is something I hauled out of my scraps of paper. The purple piece of paper underneath the bear is actually an alcohol inked piece of glossy cardstock that ended up in the trash pile because I had 'screwed up' the stamped image on it. Nobody would ever know the wiser that there is a stamped image under the bear...(except I did tell you, so now you DO know!)
The little bear is a stamp that I purchased some time ago but I think he is just adorable. I stamped him out on some 'simply smooth' white cardstock (perfect card stock for using Copics on!). I colored the little bugger with my Copic Markers and then put a little 'flock' on his belly. I just wanted to make him look soft and cuddly.
I used my trusty little exacto knife and slit above the heart and then inserted a special little message.

A FREE HUG COUPON! How cute is that? This was another stamp I found in my stash and cut it out and adhered it to another piece of card stock to make it a little more sturdier.
The sentiment is a simple "I miss you" using the "V" cut out on the end to give it a little more 'wow'.

I am loving these new twine packs I got the other night at SHABBY SHUTTERS while teaching my class and so therefore had to add the twine to this card as well.

Naturally, I had to add my doodles to the end of the card...just to give it that Darly touch!

There you have it. Not sure how I feel about it but I figure if I look at it long enough I will learn to like it and then you never know...it just may go in the mailbox towards you!

Happy Crafting where ever you are!

1 comment: